As I've been using OneSky I've come across lots of minor issues, or small changes that could be made to significantly increase usability and functionality.
I've listed below the changes, most of which are very small, that could be made that would drastically improve the usability of the site:
- Option to re-order projects - projects generally have some sort of structure, and it'd be good to list projects in that meaningful order, instead of the order the projects were created in.
- Option to re-order project groups - as the above, but for project groups. Not as important though.
- Option to set the languages for an entire project group, instead of per project - it'd be rare for each project in a project group to be translated into different languages, so can we add an overruling option to set the languages for the project group, instead of selecting them each time you create a new project or having to manually add a language to each project after it's been created.
- Option to name a project at the point of creating it - it's really annoying to create a few projects then see they've all been called 'Miscellaneous' or something, can we be given the option to give it a meaningful name while creating it.
- When placing a translation order, the translation 'tone' is copied across from the project settings, but the 'description' is not copied across - maybe the 'notes for translators' field could be pre-populated with the project description?
- Option to order phrases and translations - when viewing 'phrases' and when translating, it'd be good to be able to order phrases (date added / alphabetical / phrase ID / not translated first)
- Option to remove avatar - I've set an avatar for myself, but I want to return to the default avatar... there should be an option to use default or remove uploaded image.
- Notifications disabled by default - whenever I add a new collaborator, they are flooded with emails before they have a chance to update what notifications they get. For every collaborator I add I have to email them instructions on how to stop the email notifications - this is a rubbish first impression of OneSky to many collaborators.
- Option for a glossary term to be 'exact match' or 'partial match', e.g. so I could add 'box' to the glossary and select partial match, and it would show for all words containing box, such as 'boxes' and 'boxing'. This would mean the user doesn't have to have hundreds of glossary terms for every variant of a word.
- Option to delete phrase comments - I've added comments to phrases that are no longer relevant and I want to remove them...
- Ability to select the preferred translator to use - I have used some great translators on OneSky, however my 'preferred translator' is not one of these. I want to be able to select the translator to use, even if they are currently busy.
- Option to import a manually entered phrase into more than one file - when there is more than one file in a project, when adding a new phrase it is common to want it in all of the files, not just one.
I believe these updates will significantly improve OneSky.
Let me know if you need more detail on any of the above.
Thank you very much,
Please sign in to leave a comment.