You can remove any source phrases by either of the below 2 methods.
1. Delete them in the phrases management page
2. Upload an updated file
Method 1: Delete them in the phrases management page
1. Go to "Phrases"
2. Select the checkbox(es) next to the phrase(s) that you'd like to delete
3. Click "Delete"
Method 2: Upload an updated file
You can simply upload the updated file to remove the phrases that no longer exist in the updated file
1. Click the "+" sign next to "Files"
2. Select "Upload" then simply drag your file into the box or click "browse files"
3. Please upload the updated file using the same file name as your previous import (otherwise it will create a new file). Click "Import phrases" now to add or update phrases.
4. If you want to deprecate* the phrases that no longer exists in this file, choose the option "Deprecate" before import.
If you have chosen the "Deprecate" options, any strings that are not present in your updated file will be "deprecated". For example, if you original file contains strings A, B, C, D but your updated file only contains strings A, B, C, then string D will be deprecated.
Definition of deprecated strings:
- only admins will be able to view them. Other collaborators (moderators, reviewers, translators) will NOT be able to see them.
- they will NOT be included in the translation order when you order professional translation service from us.
- they will NOT be included in the downloaded translation file
* We do not support this function for spreadsheets and CSV files