You can import different files with phrases that have the same keys.
1. If you import a new file (with a different file name from the existing ones on your platform) that contains phrases with the same keys as your existing phrases, you will be forced to review the warning message (See below) before proceeding.
* If the newly uploaded file has the same file name as any existing files, it will override and update the existing file.
* XLIFF files handle string IDs differently and will add a context field, that will be detected as a different string
2. Our system will also ask you how you would like to handle the phrases that have the same keys but different values/string content in different files. You have 3 options:
- Keep existing (i.e. don't update the value using the new file)
- Keep both
- Use imported
* For phrases that have the same key and same value, our system will automatically treat them as one so you don't have to translate twice
If you are importing your files via API, then "keep both" is the default and only option.