What is translation memory?
Translation memory is a database that stores phrases that you have previously translated in order to help you translate future similar phrases more quickly and consistently.
OneSky supports both exact matches and fuzzy matches. When translators are translating using OneSky translation tool, If there is any matching translation memory detected for a string, it will be displayed on the right hand side panel of the translation tool for translators as reference so that they can leverage on the previous translation to enhance productivity and consistency.
Importing Translation Memory
If you have previously used other software to translate your content and want to migrate your translation memory to OneSky, you can do so by uploading it in TMX format. TMX stands for Translation Memory eXchange.
* If you have uploaded all your existing translations to OneSky, do not worry about generating translation memory files from your old system. OneSky system automatically makes use of your existing translations to aid future translations.
1. Select "Resources" from the top navigation bar.
2. Click "Create TM folder" to add a folder for translation memory.
3. Enter the name of the TM folder and then click "Create".
4. Click "browse files" to select the TMX file you would like to upload. This file will have a .tmx extension.
5. After you uploaded the TMX files, you will see your file(s) under "Ready for uploading".
6. Click "Upload" to import your TMX files.
Exporting Translation Memory
You can also export your translation memory from OneSky so you can use it with other software.
1. For the project that you'd like to export the translation memory, go to "Translation Overview" > "Download Translation".
2. Select TMX format in "File Format".
3. Click "Export" below to export your translation memory file.