Create a Project
1. Log in to your OneSky account. If you do not have one, sign up here.
2. Click "New Project Group" to create a new project group.
- A "project group" can have multiple "projects", so you can organize your files easier. For example, you can have "OneSky" as your "project group" and add multiple projects like "iPhone/iPad App", "Android App" and "Blackberry App", etc. to the project group "OneSky".
3. Select your project type. To illustrate, we will create a project for "Mobile Apps" here.
4. Enter your project details
- Select "Crowdsource" if you'd like to keep your projects public or "In-house" if you'd like to keep your projects private
- (read more about the differences between private and public projects)
- Select your mobile app type
- Choose your base language. This is the base language that your project is originally written in.
- Enter your project group name
1. 7 uploading options
- Spreadsheet (e.g. .csv, .xls, .xlsx). Learn more.
- String file (e.g. .strings, .xml, .yml, .yaml, .po, .pot, .rrc, .resx, .resjson, .properties). Learn more.
- From another platform on OneSky (e.g. from your another project on OneSky). Learn more.
- Manual input
* Please upload the phrases for your base language first before uploading other translated files
* For app description, you simply need to input your app store link and our system can grab the text for you. Learn more at "Importing phrases (app description)"
2. Choose your target languages
Configuring your settings
(A) Access rights
You can select whether you would like to keep your projects private or public. Read more about the differences between private & public projects.
(B) Voting mechanisms
You can control whether users can vote for translation and whether to show the number of votes that each translation has got to translators.
You can also set how many votes a translation needs to receive before it's approved (only approved translation would be included in your downloaded file). If you set the threshold to 0, any translation entered by your users would be auto-approved.
* In your downloaded file, it will include the translation with the highest vote. If 2 translations have the same number of votes, the latter one would be included.
Invite Your Translators
For public projects, simply share the link to your translation platform on your website and social media platforms.
- You can view and customize the link to your platform by going to "Site Settings" as shown in the below screenshot and update your "Default OneSky URL" or set up your own custom domain.
Your users simply need to sign up for an account at OneSky to start translating (or they can simply sign in to your website if you've enabled single-sign-on.
- So in the case for the below screenshot, simply share the link "http://onesky-demo.oneskyapp.com" with your users and they will be able to sign up to
For private projects,
1. Select "Collaboration" > "Collaborators" from the top navigation bar
2. Click the "Add Collaborators" button
(if you'd like to add an admin with full access rights, click "Add Admins" instead)
3. Enter the email address(es) of the collaborator(s) you'd like to invite
4. Select the collaborator role (translator / reviewer / moderator)
5. Select which project(s) and language(s) you'd like to grant access to the selected collaborator(s)
6. Click "Send the Invitation"
How your translators can contribute
1. When a translation is done, go to "Translation Overview" and click "Download translation"
2. Select the file format that you'd like to download your translation in
- If you do not select specific type of format to download, our defaulted "Auto Detect" will choose the type base on your import format
- Please note that only approved phrases would be downloaded. By default, we auto-approve all translations. To change this setting, go to "Platform Settings" (the "Settings" button right above "Download translation") > "Quality Assurance" > Set the threshold for the vote number needed in order for a translation to be auto-approved