Website or app translations often include complex tags that should not be translated:
- e.g. You want to display "Welcome, OneSky!" (where OneSky is the name of the user)
- In the translation file, translator would see things like "Welcome, %s!"
- Translators simply need to click on the blue placeholder to include it in the translation --> avoid typos
- OneSky system would automatically warn the translators if they did not include the placeholder
Provide more contextual info for translators
In order to provide more context for translators, it is recommended to add notes to phrases that contain placeholders.
1. Go to "Phrases"
2. Click "Add notes" for the phrase that you'd like to add a description
3. Add your description under "Notes to translator"
What would the translators see?
If you have added description for a phrase, it will be displayed at the top of the translation field in the translation tool.