* Please note that other than Excel files, you can also simply upload your resource files (e.g. .strings, .xml, .po, .yaml, etc.) to our platform. Read more.
Preparing your spreadsheet
In order for our system to parse your spreadsheet properly, follow these guidelines when preparing your Excel spreadsheet:
- 1st column: String Identifiers (optional)
- 2nd column: Description of the string (these show as Notes to translators)
- 3rd column: Character limits (optional)
- 4th column: Your phrases in the Base Language (i.e. original)
- 5th column and so on: Any existing translation - 1 language per column
If you’d rather not include the optional columns (string identifiers, descriptions or character limits), you can simply input your strings in the Base Language in the first column.
(Note: Words in the String Identifiers and Descriptions columns will be excluded from the final word count if you’re ordering pay-per-word translations from our Professional Translation Services. Phew.)
1. Click the "+" sign next to "Files" in the left-hand menu bar. This will trigger a new “Upload” page to open.
2. Select "Upload" then simply drag your file into the box or click "browse files."
Uncheck the box next to your top row if your top row is just a header and you do not want to include them in your translation.
If your file contains some translations that are the same as the source text, there is an option for you to indicate whether to skip or keep them. Simply choose "Keep" and your translation would be imported even though they are same as the source text.
More useful links related to uploading phrases
- Upload phrases using resource files (e.g. .strings, .xml, .po, etc.)
- Migrating phrases from another project on OneSky
- Automate import and export using our API, plugins for mobile apps and plugins for websites