OneSky makes it easy for you to handle updates of your translation project. Simply upload your updates files and our system can auto-detect the new and updated phrases - never translate the same thing twice!
Example of how OneSky handles updates
1. Your original file contains 3 strings - string_A, string_B and string_C
2. After your first batch of translation, you updated string_C and added string_D
3. You simply need to upload the new file*, and our system can auto detect that you updated string_C and added string_D
- For string_A and string_B, as you did not update them, nothing would happen
- For string_C, as you updated the source string after your last translation, the translation would be marked as "outdated"
- For string_D, the source text would be added to our platform and ready for adding translation.
4. When you order professional translation service, you can select to translate only "phrases without translation" yet (i.e. string_D) or translate "updated phrases since your last order"(i.e. string_C) as well.
How to upload your updated file
1. Click the "+" sign next to "Files"
2. Select "Upload" then simply drag your file into the box or click "browse files"
3. Please upload the updated file using the same file name as your previous import (otherwise it will create a new file). Click "Import phrases" now to add or update phrases.
4. If you want to deprecate* the phrases that no longer exists in this file, choose the option "Deprecate" before import.
If you have chosen the "Deprecate" options, any strings that are not present in your updated file will be "deprecated". For example, if you original file contains strings A, B, C, D but your updated file only contains strings A, B, C, then string D will be deprecated.
Definition of deprecated strings:
- only admins will be able to view them. Other collaborators (moderators, reviewers, translators) will NOT be able to see them.
- they will NOT be included in the translation order when you order professional translation service from us.
- they will NOT be included in the downloaded translation file
* We do not support the deprecate function for spreadsheets and CSV files