Is there a way to group together previously created projects?
As of now, there is no quick way to do this by simply changing a setting. The recommended method for putting existing projects into different project groups is to transfer them to new projects that you create in your new project group (or to a group you previously used that you want to migrate your projects over to).
WARNING: You will lose comment history and discussions following this method. If that is important to you, we recommend that you do not follow these steps and keep your projects in their existing group.
The steps do this are as follows (although you can use our API to accomplish some of this, too):
- If necessary, create a New Project Group that you will put your existing projects into.
- Within that New Project Group, create separate sub-projects for each project that you want to move into the New Project Group.
- Download your existing translations from your existing project(s). You may wish to temporarily un-deprecate any deprecated phrases and use the hashtag "#deprecated" (or similar) in the phrase so you can quickly find them to deprecate them again.
- Also, download any Translation Memory files and Glossaries that you want to transfer.
- Then, upload and import them into your newly created sub-projects in your New Project Group.
- Deprecate any phrases you previously un-deprecated above.
- Re-invite any collaborators that were working on the projects previously.
- You can now safely delete the old projects, that are essentially just copies now. But there is no need to do so as we do not charge you for storage space. You may wish to keep them around for archival purposes (or if you need to access old comments or discussion board points). If so, you may wish to rename the old projects (e.g. rename from "My Great App" to "(Archived) My Great App" so you don't accidentally continue work on it.