This describes how to change your account ownership and to delete the original account creator.
First, you need to have access to the Account Owner's account.
Then, follow these simple steps:
For the sake of example, let's assume the original account owner is email@example.com and that firstname.lastname@example.org is to be the new account owner.
1. Log-in as the original owner (email@example.com).
2. Check if the new owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) is already a collaborator. If yes, remove the account as a collaborator (see How to Remove a Collaborator).
3. Then hover over the top-right corner and select Account Settings.
4. Under Manage Authentication, replace the email address with the email address of the new Account Owner (email@example.com). Also enter the current password that originally belonged to the original Account Owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) to authorize the change. Click "Save Changes".
6. Next, have the new Account Owner (email@example.com) login with the original owner's password.
7. Then, go into Account Settings again and change the password. This last step is especially important to ensure that the old Account Owner (firstname.lastname@example.org in our example) can not login using the new Account Owner's email address, but using their old password. By changing the password, too, you ensure that only the new Account Owner can login.
You are now done. The new Account Owner can now manage the account (and Organizations underneath it) with the new password, and the old Account Owner (email@example.com in our example) no longer has access or the ability to login.
If you do not have access to the Account Owner's account, but still need to change the owner, you can not use this method, but will instead need to contact us for assistance.